Our year is broken up into three different seasons:
* Fall maintenance runs from September to December
* Winter maintenance runs from January to April
* Competitive Summer Program runs from May to August
2015 Swimming age locator grid click here
WINTER 2016 DATES:
Start dates: Saturday January 9, 2016 and Tuesday January 12, 2016 for Tues/Thurs swim groups and Masters.
There are no practices on the following dates:
Saturday and Sunday February 6 and 7th 2016 (Family Day weekend).
Tuesday and Thursday Groups and Masters: March 15, 17, 22 and 24th, 2016 (Spring Break and Easter)
Saturday and Sunday March 19, 20, 26 and 27th, 2016 (Spring Break and Easter weekend)
End dates: Tuesday and Thursday swim groups and Masters: Thursday April 14, 2016
Saturday and Sunday swim groups practices end Sunday April 10, 2016 with mini meet scheduled Sunday April 17, 2016.
**Dates are subject to change**
Check our registration page for more details.
Swimmers may attend all practices but attendance is not mandatory. Coaches will assign each swimmer to a group of swimmers of similar age and ability level. Swimmers can only attend practices made available to them. Any requests to change practice times MUST be in writing and MUST be approved by the coach prior to the change occurring.
To ensure parents as well as swimmers have a positive season; please be aware of the following:
- The TEAM INFORMATION BOARD is located in the hallway to the right of the reception area (between the Child Care Room and the Preschool Room), next to the Haney Neptunes Display Case.
- Parents are not allowed on the pool deck. Parents are permitted to watch their children swim from public seating areas only.
- PLEASE DO NOT INTERRUPT PRACTICE TO SPEAK TO THE COACH! Interrupting practice could endanger swimmers’ safety by taking the coach’s attention away from the pool.
- Directors of swimming, water polo, synchronized swimming are to be contacted if you have questions or wish to discuss any aspect of the program.
- NO OUTDOOR FOOTWEAR IS PERMITTED ON DECK. Please remove all outdoor footwear, you may change into deck only shoes or go barefoot.
As swimming is a very technical sport, we ask that parents allow the coach and swimmer to work together to obtain optimal results. Our coaches are highly qualified and have experience necessary to bring out the best in each swimmer. Since all children grow and develop at different rates please do not compare your child to other swimmers. Strokes will improve as swimmers’ muscles develop, give your child time to grow at their pace. OUR AIM IS FOR PERSONAL BESTS!
Attention Grade 10 - 11 - 12 Students:
Are you aware that all three of the disciplines offered by the Neptunes can give you high school credits? That's right, your hard work at practice can give you an extra credit!
For example if you're a grade 10 swimmer who is swimming at a BC Provincial Championship standard, or, a Synchro swimmer who is on a performance Development squad, you can apply through your school to the Ministry of Education for an external credentials credit equivalent to a class credit. See your high school for more details!
Proper swimwear is important to your success!