2015 Summer Registration
Summer Competitive Season (Water Polo, Synchronized Swimming, Speed Swimming)
Session Start Date: April 27, 2015
Session End Date: August 9, 2015
Due to the growth of our club, we will be running summer registration in 3 stages this year. Please read the following carefully to determine what registration stage your athlete(s) falls under and what items you require to register.
For all registrants:
- You must register in person (or give all of your info, including payment and identification to another person to submit on your behalf)
- Club clothing and gear will be available for purchase and order at registration
- May Swim Camp registration will be available at all summer registration dates
Forms and Payments:
To register, we require the following completed forms (available on our website below):
- HNAC registration form (one per family)
- BCSSA athlete registration form (one per athlete)
- BCSSA media waiver form (one per athlete)
- ID for every athlete registering showing proof of age (i.e. CareCard, Birth Certificate, Passport etc)
- Fee payment cheque: dated May 1, 2015 payable to HNAC (fees can be paid by Visa or MasterCard at time of registration)
- Fundraising deposit cheque: dated Aug. 9, 2015 payable to HNAC for $150 per family
Summer 2015 Fees:
Swim only $400
Polo only $400
Synchro only $350
Swim & Synchro $550
Swim & Polo $600
6 & Under $325
Splash Ball $75 (must be registered in a regular swim group as well)
STAGE 1: First priority
When: Thursday, March 5 6:30-8:15 pm (library)
Saturday March 7 1:30-3:30 pm (preschool room)
Where: Fraser Room (MR Library) and Preschool Room (MR Leisure Centre)
Who: Athletes who were registered last summer (2014) may register at this time. Includes returning Hammond participants to the Hammond program only and returning Masters swimmers.
1) Athletes are guaranteed a spot in the discipline(s) in which they competed last summer as long as they register March 5 or March 7.
2) Any summer 2014 athletes (except Hammond swimmers) wishing to enroll in a discipline other than those they competed in last summer will have their registrations processed on a first come, first served basis, and will know if they have secured a spot after Stage 1 and Stage 2 registrations have been processed.
3) Any athletes, Division 5 and older, who qualify to enroll in our July start option must register on March 5 or March 7. No July start registrations will be accepted after March 7. See the Registrar for registration criteria.
4) Any athletes, aged 10 and under, registering for swimming this summer may also add on splash ball for an additional $75. The program will run 1 hour per week and will be an introduction to water polo. Spaces allocated on a first come, first served basis as space allows.
STAGE 2: Second priority
When: Sunday March 8, 1:30-3:30pm
Where: Preschool Room, Maple Ridge Leisure Centre
Who: Athletes who were registered in fall 2014 and/or winter 2015 sessions may register at this time.
This registration session is also open to siblings of registered athletes, and last year’s Hammond swimmers who wish to join the main club.
1) Second priority registration is on a first come, first served basis, until all spots are filled, at which time we will begin a waitlist.
2) Summer registrants in all divisions must be able to swim 25m in a recognizable stroke. Athletes may be required to do an in-water assessment at the time of registration. (Does not apply to Hammond registrants)
3) Any athletes, aged 10 and under, registering for our regular swimming program this summer, may also add on splash ball for an additional $75. The program will run 1 hour per week and will be an introduction to water polo. Spaces allocated on a first come, first served basis as space allows.
STAGE 3: Open registration
When: Wednesday April 1, 6:30-8:00pm
Where: Preschool Room, Maple Ridge Leisure Centre
Who: New members to all disciplines, including new Hammond Development and new Masters swimmers may register at this time.
1) Open registration is on a first come, first served basis, until all spots are filled, at which time we will begin a waitlist.
2) Summer registrants in all divisions must be able to swim 25m in a recognizable stroke. Athletes will be required to do an in-water assessment. (Does not apply to Hammond registrants)
- HNAC Registration form - 1 per family (signed by parent or guardian)
- BCSSA Registration form – 1 per child (signed by parent or guardian)
- BCSSA Media Release form
*** sample registration form click here
The fundraising subsidy can be worked off through your fundraising efforts. The cheque is cashed only if your commitment is not met. If you only raise a portion of the amount, we still cash the cheque but pay you back the amount you raised. We have numerous fundraising initiatives that run through the season.
For more info click here.
For more information please contact:
"We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia"